View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM
May in Jersey

Originally Posted by lillybeck
I went back and read all of these posts and have laughed myself silly. These all bring up childhood memories. We would go outside in the morning and sometimes did not go home until almost dark unless we were hungry. No one called child services if our parents did not know where we were. In the winter we walked across frozen ponds and lakes. We played in corn fields and followed the fenceline home, jumped from haylofts, climbed big trees, drank from the hose, played in the rain and walked everywhere we went. If we wanted to talk to our friends we went to where they were. These were the good old days and when my GKs are with me I share all of this and let themm do as much of it as possible. Iam 64 with 8 kids 24 GKs and 9 GGKs and I still drink from the hose.
We may not have played in the same places as I lived in a city but we were gone all day roaming through a huge park, no one worried about us being mugged or molested, only if we torn our clothes or got our shoes soaked by slipping off the rocks while crossing the stream.