Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Up North

Originally Posted by moreland
Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by wattse2000
Who are these people that make quilt tops and sell them in garage sales or give them to thrift stores???!!!
My mom and I were talking about this today. She crochets all the time and I do not care for afghans so I told her when she passes I will donate them or pass them along. I have more than I need and some from her. The same with her quilts I have more than I need and some from way back I am sure my kids will not treasure them (5 boys) so whatever will be will be. I am sure there is someone that will be happy to have them. I can not keep all of them.
Don't count out the boy's interest until you have become acquainted with their wives at whatever point they enter the picture. Much of my love of quilting came from my husband's mother and I inherited all of her UFO's, patterns, fabrics, etc.
I have 2 DIL and either one will want some of my quilts when I am gone. Just something to think about.
Happy Quilting.
Mom makes them all quilts and afghans they have many, Yes of course they will get them if they want them. My two granddaughters are learing to quilt and sew and they will also get their pick of my stash and quilts. We have a lot of places to donate also, homeless shelters are a great place to donate so what is not chosen will go there for sure.