Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
zz-pd
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by wattse2000
Who are these people that make quilt tops and sell them in garage sales or give them to thrift stores???!!!
My mom and I were talking about this today. She crochets all the time and I do not care for afghans so I told her when she passes I will donate them or pass them along. I have more than I need and some from her. The same with her quilts I have more than I need and some from way back I am sure my kids will not treasure them (5 boys) so whatever will be will be. I am sure there is someone that will be happy to have them. I can not keep all of them.
Oh Donna,
This just brakes my heart, I have 3 boys and I have always crocheted them afgains for gifts, and they have treasured them, my middle son told me one year that that was the best gift he has ever gotten and what he looked forward to every Christmas, now that I am learning to quilt, they are all waiting for me to get on the ball and make them a quilt, I just could not do it last year, just to many thing hit me all at once. Now I just about have my sewing room done, so will be quilting again, last yr Jenniepenny sent me a quilt for my Bd and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. My heart goes out to you, you do beautiful work.
GOD bless.