View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM
arizonagirl

I am so happy for you. I have a missing uncle also who had been put up for adoption in the 1930. My grandmother found out her marriage wasn't legal and for some reason the relationship ended. She found out she was pregnant and being single wasn't able to keep him. I found out about him shortly before my grandmother died. My mom had told me that she had over heard a conversation as a child, but that grandmother would never admit to it. I asked my Grandmother about it and she told me it was true. Unfortunately she said that the adoption papers had been lost and she couldn't remember when he was born. I figured that it was between 1932 and 1935. I know that she went to the Booth's home for unwed mothers in Los Angeles with was part of the Salvation Army. I tried to find him and was very close to getting a woman there to giving me the information about his adoption. She asked me to call back in a week as she would need to search for the records. There was also a chance that the records were lost in a fire also. When I called back I ended up talking to another woman who wouldn't help me at all. She said that my grandmother would have to make the request for the information. Before I could get a letter signed by my grandmother she pasted away unexpectedly. After that I couldn't get a hold of the other woman and no one would help me.