View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
sailsablazin

Originally Posted by MacThayer
Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Originally Posted by MacThayer
I have a lovely smelling lemon balm plant. Do you think I could dry the leaves and use that? What about other herbs and scents like rosemary, regular mint, cardamom, or cinnamon mixed in with the rice? Or how about evergreens? I guess you can see you've got my brain twirling!
Is your lemon balm plant the same thing that we call a mosquito plant in Michigan? It is a lemon geranium plant---which I have several---didn't think of using anything like this.
Can I just add some of my lavendar to the corn warmers that I make???? I also have tons of mint...so if anyone has done this, please let me know.
Gee, I'm from Michigan, so I should know this! If you are talking about the annual geraniums that die when the frost hits, no this isn't it. This is a member of the mint family, and trust me, it comes back, and comes back, and comes back. It's almost impossible to kill. Like mint, you have to be really careful where you plant it, because it's going to be there forever! Does that help?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a Mosquito plant. Are you from the U.P.? Or upper Michigan? I grew up in Grayling.
I live directly west of Grand Rapids---near Lake Michigan... The mosquito plant is the same thing as a lemon geranium.... and you are right about the mint---UGH! I have lots but it does keep spiders away!!!