View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
3NorwichTerr

Originally Posted by thomp116
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
I totally understand what you are saying. I always worry that I have not sent enough. As for me, I love whatever I receive. In fact, my favorite things to receive are scraps and used books, patterns, etc. And especially something handmade! Hints for future months folks!
I think everyone who participates in the swap is delighted with whatever their package includes. I know when I work from my "stash" that includes things other than fabric because I am a little obsessive/compulsive about buying multiples of things because they are on sale, knowing I'll never use them but figure someone can.

Some folks are more creative than others, some better shoppers. I know I sometimes feel bad because I haven't sewn anything to send to my SP, because honestly I'm not that good. I've made some magnets and other things, and sometimes haven't sent anything home made at all...so I may try to compensate a little.

Please stay and play with us -- I'm sure your SP's are happy with their packages whatever you put in them. Being part of the group is a good bit of the fun.

Deby