View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
mzsooz

Originally Posted by dotski
WOW !!! it's beautiful. i have so many questions i hope they weren't already asked too many responses to read. did she make the cabinet as well or just the carving ? what kind of wood are the flowers made of. what else has she made ? and can i have her for a bit ?????lol
WOW what a treasured piece !!!
Yes, she made the cabinet out of pine. The Hummingbird and leaves are out of poplar because it is green in color. The small Hibiscus blossom is out of Aspen wood. It is a white wood. And the large Hibiscus blossom is out of Redwood.

I have another wallhanging she made me that is a red cardinal. She made cornice boards that are mounted over my brother's windows in his house. They have Bears and Pine trees and Tee Pees on them.

She is currently making a cornice board for her bedroom window that has gazelles, giraffes, zebras, etc. on it because her bedroom is in a jungle theme. She also made a cabinet for her bathroom that has magnolias on it. And a puzzle for my brother.

All of the above are in the Intarsia. She also makes baby cradles for grand and great grand kids and today she made the cutest little sled.

I can't wait to see what she does for Christmas gifts this year!!!