View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
arizonagirl

Originally Posted by Debka
I have a thing about totes too. I have too many of them, and I love the supermarket ones. And, yes, I have made it a habit to use them (nearly) all the time at the supermarket. I do dislike the waste of plastic, especially when the baggers only put a few items in each bag. And the recyclable bags do hold more AND can fit over my shoulder so I can carry many at a time.

For a group project I once worked on, I purchased 100 plain white tote bags which we decorated (with markers). I still have many plain bags left and have been giving one in my swap packages! I decorate with fabric and try to choose colors my sp will appreciate.
Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...
Cool, I can't wait until you get me as a swap partner.