Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Freddie

Originally Posted by Marysewfun
Question to Brother PE770 owners - when you put the USB stick in the machine - how do you then transfer it to the machine memory to stitch out? I have read the manual but somehow I am missing an important step. Also can you get a USB cord direct from computer for it - or just use the USB stick (thumb drive)?

I have always used the PE Design box (which I can with this machine, too) so this USB facet is new to me. Thank you.

Marysewfun
Put the USB stick in the machine. Press the USB button, second from right on bottom row. I only download what I am going to use on the stick, so I don't have to look too far.Press the arrow key to the right to go to the next download and so on until you find the one you need. Press the picture on the screen. It will turn black.
Press the botton in the top righthand corner of your screen. The pocket with arrow up. The next screen you see is the picture of the download and now you can adjust placement etc. as you normally would. If you want to save the download on your machine you can press the top button on the right, the pocket with the down arrow. Now you saved the download onto the machine and you can use whenever. Just check the manual to see how many download you can save on your machine. See page 1 and 2 in your operation manual USB Feature, the thin booklet with the USB stick on it.
I am sorry if I am longwinded, but hope this is of some use. Any more questions, e-mail me privately and I try to help.