View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by orangeroom
Shop hops are how I got sucked in! Love them! Usually we have two big ones a year; central NY shop hop and western NY shop hop! Usually each shop will have a snack and drink and something quilting related as a gift for coming. I've gotten the following; small cutting mat (6" x 6"), fabric grips, gloves with non-skid spots all over them, four pieces of fabric that measure 2 1/2" x 44", fat eighth's rolled around an emery board...to name a few! Sometimes the shops all give 3-4 pieces of fabric strips so when you've completed the entire shop hop, and handed in your passport, you'll also get a pattern that will complete the top with all the materials you received!
Hi orangeroom! I live in the same area you do and wondered when there are shop hops in our locale. I'm new to quilting and so this is a whole undiscovered subject for me. I even wonder where most of the LQSs are located, having only found 3 so far. I've also been considering joining a guild in the hope of learning more and enjoying the company of other quilters. Could you share a few insights and information on those things?