Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
kitsykeel

Dear Jillaine,you have given me so many helpful sites to peruse. The one thing I can't thank everyone enough for is the info and feedback about Featherweights. I have had mine since 1959 when I was 19 years old, used it originally for sewing curtains, slipcovers (my first project and they turned out great), and clothing. Put it away for years, used it only for mending. Then bought a Singer and then a Babylock which I have used for many quilts, both piecing and quilting and for embroidery. The Babylock died recently, was going to be so expensive to fix, so I bought a used Bernina deco 330 (embroidery only.) Through this board I found praise after praise for using the FW for piecing my quilts. Well, I pulled it out about two weeks ago and have had the best and easiest time ever in piecing my quilts. So smooth, consistent and quiet. Thanks to all of you who shared their experiences with their FW. I'll post a picure of this quilt I am making for my son-in-law for Christmas. He likes bears so am using the Bear Paw block pattern and a themed fabric with pictures of bears. Again, thanks to all you great people who share with others on this board.