Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 AM
gigi10

Over the years I have made mental notes about the quilts I am seeing. Some of these "new ones" are just blocks cut into different shapes, rectangles mostly. The fabric moves along with this and is very contemparary. When I want to start a new quilt these and the fabric are not what calls to me. I am not moved by them, they don't call with a challenge. But I probably have more than enough fabric and patterns to sew every day of my life until Jesus comes back, so It is ok that this is happening and that it is not my taste. I honestly love the older quilts. There is so much creativity here on this board, I am so challenged to grow more. If these "new" ones are calling some one else, it might be a gateway to them being challenged to grow, make more intricate quilts and this wonderful love that we all have can be passed on, preserved. It is really great that we don't all have to be the same, do the same. Our diversity is what makes everyone of us creative. We challenge and encourage each other without even trying. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts.