Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 AM
dahlshouse

I have see a set up similar to this at the Sewing Expo last year... I almost purchased it but the throat on my old Pfaff is not 6 in deep...which was a requirement to use it... just purchased a quilting Brother so much larger space to work in now.. .. so will probably get it this year.. anyway... they use PVC pipe where you are yousing the sides where you put floor boxes.. and it has clamps.. to hold quilt tight using PVC also to roll on.. was only
$100 if I remember correctly...
Originally Posted by Laura F
I have a Juki with a 9" harp and a big sewing table that my DH made for me. I turn my sewing machine and sew from the head. I also roll my quilt from both sides around pvc pipe. I start in the middle and mostly meander. I'm waiting to get my machine dropped into the table, but for now I use what ever I can find that is the same height as my machine for the pipe to slide on. This keeps the quilt level with my machine and much easier to handle. I pin baste and so I need to think which way I will roll the quilt or I get stuck a lot. Planning on trying safety pins with my next quilt. It just takes time, but very rewarding.