View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 AM
ladypetite

Employee theft! UGH!! When I had my restaurant in Las Vegas, I would have an employee meeting once a month to address issues, announce upcoming events and answer questions. The 3rd month after my restaurant opened, during the questions and answer portion, one of the waitresses asked when we were going to get more serveware, silverware and glasses. (This was a sore spot with me since I had originally furnished the restaurant with 3 times the items in question....our seating capacity was 170...and now we could just barely cover one seating.)

Sooooo....I answered her question with one of my own "Does everyone now have enough dishes, silverware and glassware to complete their sets at home?......because I am not purchasing more until you do." (I know....sounds harsh, but I was fed up with the employee theft at this point. Cash register shortages, bar shortages, missing liquor, cases of lobster, full prime ribs, etc., etc.)

I do not think searching employees in view of customers is appropriate.....but the few rotten apples have spoiled the perception of the whole bunch.

I apologize for my rant, but many do not realize how bad this problem can be.