Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 AM
star619

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
This is a quilting board but we all relate to the other creative outlets; sewing clothes, making dolls and purses, gardening, baking, painting. We are all so talented. So how do you turn down the offer of a FREE 60" Jack loom?
It's now sitting in my living room like a tombstone, (my sanctuary, by the way, far from the TV) and it can't go any further into the house. I have to give away a sofa and if I'm lucky it will just fit the same footprint. Am I interested in weaving? Always was, like so many other things. My life is tooooooooooo short for all my interests.
(My unfinished quilts (4) in the basement sewing room are NOT talking to me right now)
MaryKatherine
I, too, have wanted to weave since the early 1970's, I took a class last fall on the shop's jack loom, & found a counter-balance loom near me for $500. It now sits in my sewing room because I can't find out how to string up the treadling. The loom is a Llistina and no one "out there" seems to know anything about them.
If anyone knows anything I would be so grateful for any information.
I think ceative people have curiosity about all things once that "window" has been opened. Lucky us!