View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Pam Pollock

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by Pam Pollock
Originally Posted by k3n
There are some real beauties there but I am also really taken with the rooster! The landscape behind him is obviously done watercolour style with squares on point, but I can't make out if his feathers are all fused down or if some are left fluttering? :-D Did you happen to see how it was done?
I can't swear to how the feathers were done as I saw so much that day. I think they were appliqued on top & the edges left to feather out a bit. Now I wish I had gotten a close up of the rooster for everyone. Maybe someone else on this board will post some more photos with details...sorry. :(
No need to be sorry - you didn't know I'd ask. :-D

I've seen this technique done where the fabric is ironed onto fusible then the feathers cut out - that way, they all get stuck down. I did a seagull wall hanging a while ago where I used fusible batting to temporarily hold the feathers in place then I FMQd each one down. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111908-1.htm

I've had the idea to do a pheasant in this same technique and recently I've been playing with watercolour landscapes - thanks to your post, I think I'll combine the two. :-D
Looking forward to seeing you post your pheasant when you do it. Did you ever post your seagulls??