View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM
winterfun

Originally Posted by patdesign
Originally Posted by winterfun
Originally Posted by unclefreckles
I would NEVER by a cheap machine from Walmart even though it says Brothers. Go to a reputable Brothers dealer and talk to them. They do have less expensive machines that have many fancy stitches and sew very well. I agree that they are not an equal to your old Bernina or to one of the top of the line Brothers, but they do a decent job.
The ones at WalMart are not really a Brothers machine. I think they are farmed out.
I own 3 Brothers! One for everyday, One on my frame for quilting and the other is my serger. Brother customer service is great! They will tell you they make a model that is comparable to their models on the higher end just for wal-mart. I think people like what they like. Some of my family thinks I am crazy cause I put a QBOT on my brother they think I should have bought a new machine but why it works perfect! So if you have one that you can use or if the shop will lend you one I would go that way. Save your money for fabric and fixing your baby. Good Luck
Scuse my ignorance but what is a QBOT?
A QBOT is a computer that you mount on your quilting frame that you can program what you want to quilt on your quilt and it does it for you. It will connect to you machine and the only thing you really need to do is roll the quilt on your frame and watch it. Really cool but its worth more then all my machines put together so that is why my family thinks I'm crazy. You can check it out at www.myqbot.com