Thread: serger?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 06:31 PM
TanyaL

I bought the Babylock Imagine in August and I haven't stopped using it since. I made several clothes for my GD and now I am making placemats and napkins for Christmas gifts. Some are quilted and edged with the serger, some are machine embroidered and edged with the serger and some are just reversible and edged with the serger. I love the edging the serger does so much more than the binding that I had to do before I bought the serger. It looks so much more professional. Having the serger to sew clothes with cut the sewing time by about 3/4! I'm also making some silk scarves for the young women on my gift list. Very simple. 2 yds of silk for $30 will make 3 scarves and I can put a rolled hem on them in minutes. Very pretty and inexpensive gifts and so much easier than using my rolled hem attachment on my sewing machine. I had heard remarkable things about what the differential feed would do on the serger and now I can say that it is all true. I wouldn't want to try to sew anything at all with out doing all I could on the serger. It's like the difference between cleaning your carpet with a broom or a vacuum! If you've always used a broom then you don't understand the difference a vacuum will make. The same is true about sewing with a good serger.