Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by quilted dakota
a question ladies! I saw several quilts "pre-quilting" being held together with safety pins. Is it wrong to use quilt pins?? I mean c'mon, theres nothing to compare to being stabbed in the (unmentionable) area with a 2in. quilt pin as you are rolling it up under the machine arm!
LOL! :lol: Here I thought I was the only one who regularly sticks herself with quilting pins. Those flower headed ones just about kill me every time.

Originally Posted by Corky
I have lots of them if anyone want them.
I would do a BQ or similar with them.

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
The line is out of print now, but I found that internet quilt shops and Etsy and eBay sellers still have it. Our own Nan’s Favorite Fabrics had the safety pins on black and this really cute scissors print in this line too.
Now... just need to think up some creative uses for them!
I don't have all the fabrics, just the safety pin one which I can't recall where I bought it. But as mentioned, the fabrics are still widely available. I really like wuv2quilt’s idea of a bow tuck out of these fabrics. There are really cute thread spool and button prints in the collection too. I was also thinking of a sewing machine cover, and a padded case for my acrylic extension table. You’ve mentioned curtains and valances and wow that would be cool if you have a dedicated crafting room!