Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by lvaughan
I'm looking at machines on Ebay and am nervous about buying. Has anyone had a really good/bad experience buying on Ebay? Has anyone had a machine destroyed in shipping, and how was that handled?

Thanks,
Linda
I would like to share with you my experience on Ebay when I bought a viking #1plus embroidery last nov. I got if for 600; it's hard to believe they are still selling for a high price but I've yet to ever get to sew on it. the first thing that I noticed were some items missing and as soon as I told the seller; he sent them to me the same day. then it wouldn't sew without breaking; so i noticed that the pressure plate was badly nicked; I told the seller and he sent me two plates; one regular and one for single hole (he didn't even want pictures to prove). Still didn't fix the problem. After that I got sick and the machine took the back burner since I had another one to work on. I wasn't sure how to get ahold of the seller a few months ago so I took it to the viking rep here and after a few months he said he couldn't get the parts. Since my machine was under warranty for 2 yrs and I was finally able get his contact info I just spoke to him this morning. He told me to fax him the purchase proof to show it was still under warranty and that I would need to have it professionally packaged so that UPS would insure it from damage and he'd send me a thing to have them pick up the machine and he'd fix it. I was so nervous when I bought it but after the first couple of times of him sending me the things that I needed then I no longer had any worries. Incase any of you have the chance I'll include his information for ebay on here. He has a company called Ameriecan Sewing and so far I've only saw quality service from him. The fact that he offered a 2yr warranty on an older machine was the first thing that impressed me and he continually impresses me. Now; when I get it back I'll put it up for sale since I just bought the Ruby this weekend but at least I wouldn't have lost my money and it feels good to see there are still those out there while wanting to make money stand up to thier words first. I hope this helps; just check them out before buying. The good thing about a LQS buy is that it comes with classes that are free but I know around here you can still get them for $25 an hour if you didn't buy from a shop.