Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Leann

Hello friends. I am not surprised that I got up achy and tired this morning after being on my feet all day long yesterday as I got the final border on this bargello, then ironed all the little leftover strips and sorted them so that I can put them into the back I plan to start piecing later today.

My silly kid woke me from a nap wanting me to look for his absentee waiver. We are flying to Boston Oct 31 so that he can visit the MIT campus and shadow a student. He has to have all his teachers sign off on it - he only needs one more. I did not find it so that means it has to be in his binder. He said that since I was coming anyway - please bring him a pen. That kid must think I do nothing but sit around all day and sew. (Altho he is pleased with the bargello that will go to his BFF Roxanne. He gets all crazy when I call her his GF.)

Now that I am up, DH has things he'd like me to do. Shouldn't take too long. I can be ready to start on this quilt back after I pick him up from school.

Irish, sorry. After you told me I remember you mentioning earlier that you had not lost any flowers from the cold. I would love to see them. I have a moldy thumb but my mom always has gorgeous roses. Thank you for your comments on my quilt. I loved yours too and dang it - another on my list. Actually, it has been on my list for years but never saw one that was big like yours. If I had all my fabrics chosen and my pieces cut out, do you think I could do it in a weekend? Did you design the braided border yourself? Never did a braid, either. And yes, I plan to quilt this bargello myself - a kind of wavy cross hatch.

Dody, thanks for your compliment about my quilt. I needed a big border so that the quilt would be big enough to be functional but had to be careful to keep the center of the design as the first focus. The girls here helped me decide.

MJ, I was surprised this bargello was so effortless. The hardest part was selecting fabrics. I spent more days doing that than the actual sewing. What would be your colors? Congratulations on your weight loss! Glad that your friend will be sitting with you. Keeping you dear to my heart and in my prayers.

Xylie, sounds like your dental problems are cured. Wood is heavy, I know it is giving you a strenuous workout, but - take extra steps to assure your safety.

Missy, you are simply the incredible shrinking woman! Did Cathie arrive? Thanks for the reminder about the divided plate. I will do that this weekend.

Joyce99, welcome aboard. We love lots of people involved. Jump right in!

jlwheart, you are right about the down days getting further apart. They also don't seem as far down as in prior months.
Hope you make it to the pool today.

Pam, I just get tired of water. It is so boring. For me to remember, I have to set a timer. But, I may try Xylies way and drink a lot in one setting instead of the cup I try to drink every hour.

Nancia, I have to know why you think I am organized? Flu shots always give me down days immediately afterwards. Haven't had one so far this year cuz I can't get well enough. You'd be surprised how easy this bargello was to make. I had sorta tried to do one before from the Bargello Quilts book by Margie Edie. She uses a method that sews the strip to a muslin section. It seems an impractical way to construct a top, so I did not pursue it further. Someone on the Board posted a tutorial as she made Cosmic Twist from Eileen Wrights book Twist & Turn Bargello (she is also a member of this Board) and I HAD to have that book. (Yet another reason this Board is hazardous to my bank account) I have so many quilt books that I have not made a single quilt from, so I set a record with this buy and actually getting a top made within the first 6 months of owning the book. The design, Cosmic Twist, I made called for 15 dark fabrics and 5 lighter fabrics....mine was half & half and is why it seems lighter rather than darker. Honestly, I will help you make one in any way I can.

Jeanne, good for you - exercising again. I am gonna try to walk this weekend. I feel like I could today, but I do not wanna be tired tomorrow as I work the school fundraiser. I know, another excuse, right? ha!

Jeannette, what will you do with your chicken? I am making Chicken Parmesan tonight for the first time. Of Course, mine with be without spaghetti noodles.

Grandma She She, I am jealous of your quilting retreat. I can't imagine what I could get done with that much motivation surrounding me. Or would I be so distracted with everyones beautiful creations? What a dilemma!

Well, I have stalled on here long enough. If I am gonna sew this evening, I gotta get some other important things done.

Hugs!