Old 10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Nanasrcool

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
You might want to go back to your original post in this thread and click on "Edit Title" or "Edit Subject" or something like that and make the title of the thread read:

RESOLVED! Why wont my machine do freemotion correctly

Otherwise people are going to keep bypassing the fact that you've resolved the problem and continue to offer advice for fixing it. :)
Am I missing something here? I don't see anywhere to Edit title or Edit Subject even if I go to one of my own topics. Unless it's a new feature
which does not appear for me, I know you can contact a moderator to change the title for you.
yep, I cant find where I can amend the topic either.

I just want to thank you guys SO MUCH!! Truly from the bottom of my heart. Like I said, this means ALOT to me. I have 5 children and 3 grandkids. I also have 5 sisters and 1 brother as well as my mom to make quilts for and I want them all to be special. I am making my mom a memory quilt that will have pictures of all of us in it. I plan to do the same for all of my siblings and daughters (they are the ones that have my precious grandbabies).

Then after I get those done I can make one for ME! YEAH! I made the dresden plate using a template for the fans. The rest of it was just made up as I went along. I was actually quite surprised at how well I took to this. I have never been a crafty person and before 2 months ago never even touched a sewing machine. I had a friend come over and show me how to use it! lol. One afternoon of her working with me and then I was on my own.

My mom bought the machine for me used at a dealer. It has worked really well for me so far. My husband and son in law got me some 3'x6' tables on craigs list for a whopping 12 pack of dr peppers. The man even threw in a little desk which I have set up as my pressing station. I actually have a pretty good set up. My husband built a wooden thing to sit on top of the tables and go around the machine to make the area all level and then I put some extra thick vinyl on top of it (with a cardboard measuring grid underneath. It is all kind of thrown together for now but works till I can afford a better set up or a sewing table so my machine can sit inside it. It has truly been a family endeavor to get me going.

The biggest cost after the machine was just getting the supplies needed like the cutting mat, rotary blades, etc. I also am having a hard time now buying fabric since my husband isnt able to find a full time job and my SSDI only goes so far. But I feel grateful to have what I do and know things will come together as they should. I mean I have come this far already so it feels very right. Like I have found my way to something that fits me. You know what I mean? I never in my life would have thought I would be doing this. I just never had the urge before. But when it hit, it hit hard and I just felt it was right. Then once I started, I KNEW it was right. Now I just have to keep working at it and get better and better!

I couldnt have come this far though without all the stuff on the internet. I have truly self taught through reading and watching tutorials. Any patterns I have were d/l for free off of websites. I cant imagine how hard it must have been before the internet. There is just so much info out there now to teach us. But nothing to dummy proof it for us and make us put down the dang presser foot!!! I thought when I read that...NO WAY, it cant possibly be something THAT simple and yet, it was! I never would have considered it though if it wasnt for this site so once again the internet has helped me along. Even the dresden plate pattern was learned from a tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. I just love her! She seems like someone I would just hit it off with in person. Eleanor Burns has some great tutorial too but she is kind of kookie too.

So again! Thank you all! You all rock!