View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Maybe1day

I never have the flu shot as I personally do not believe in them. The flu shot only covers up to 5 varieties of flu (the ones they think are most likely to hit in a given year) and there are a dozen others. Even if you have the flu shot it will not stop you getting the flu only lesson the effects of it.

I am immune suppressed myself so I avoid going out shopping during busy times if possible and avoid being near people with obvious signs and symptoms of colds or flues or any other illness.
When out shopping I never touch my face or eat with out first cleaning my hands with sanitizer.

As a preventative I keep a small jar of honey in the pantry which I added 5 cloves of garlic to and have left it to steep. If I do come down with a sore throat then I take 1 or 2 teaspoons of the garlic steeped honey. During the winter months I also take echinaecia with garlic zinc and vitamin c for 2 weeks on two weeks off until summer comes. I have not had a cold or the flu in 6 or 7 yrs not even when I was having treatment and my immune system was severely compromised. Meanwhile my husband has his flu shot every year and still gets the flu.

Maybe1day