Thread: Strip Quilting
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Honeynga

Originally Posted by GoBama
I am a newbie--only been quilting a year--and I wanted to make a strip quilt. I cut the strips with the grain and of course when I pieced the blocks, the strips were on the diagonal. Due to my lack of foresight, that didn't become obvious until I was well underway. It is well basted and I'm hand quilting in a meander, so I'm not worried about stretching. However, when I took a block to the store to buy backing material, a lady who quilts looked at it and seemed horrified that I had done it that way. So embarrasing! If I should ever do this again, how should I cut the strips? Help please!

GoBama
I agree with another quilter, tell that person to take leap. I'm really new to quilting and have put together the mostgosh awful thing you've ever seen....decided this week thatI will cut it into strips and sew it together, sort of jelly roll quilt fashion....told on of my DD, who is a quilter, that it looks like quilt barf but in big pieces but I think if cut it in strips and sew it together again it will still be quilt barf but in strips ! I made a quilt top in my first and only quilting lesson and don't have the nerve to take it back to the shop for quilting because I heard them talking about other folks that brought their quilts in.....IF I ever finish the 1st quilt top I've decided to either hand quilt or machine quilt best I can !

REMEMBER, there are no Quilt Police....they might they they are deputies but the are not real !