View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
quiltjoey

I was 13 when I figured out my family didn't love me after a neighbor took me to church where I first heard about Jesus Christ and I learned that he loved me when no one else did. I'm 68 now and still love Jesus because he is the "Lover of my soul". I believe through Divine Intervention, I met my now husband of 50 years. His family are truly like the "Cleavers" and have loved me from the first time I met them. My last 50 years far outweigh the first 18 and I am thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for having changed my life... I believe my neighbor was the vessel He used to lead me to Him! Hallelujah for an unloved little girl whose life was changed by the touch of the Master's Hand...

(please forgive the lengthyness but had to tell my story and hopefully encourage someone through it)

Originally Posted by LIgrl
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.
DITTO>>>..I could so relate to this. Oh and I wish I had walked away from them before the age of 43, too many beating from my mom and sister and that was in front of my children. Why did they do it? Once because I went to my daughters friends moms home for a cup of tea.