View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Maribeth

Originally Posted by happymrs
OH - Do I soooo agree with you about toxic people! My mother is the toxic one in my life who caused so many divisions between myself and my brothers and their families. I have decided it is for my best health to stay clear of her and the drama she has caused in my life although I do feel very, very sorry for her. She is 82, lives alone and just sits in her house at her kitchen table all day. No one comes to visit her -- not even my 3 brothers. So what does that tell you?
I LOVE her lots; but I don't Like her -- if you know what I mean. You would think that at 82 she would want to see all her children get along and get together without incidences.
My mother was like this too! I learned to keep my distance, as much as possible! She died at 84, a lonely old woman, I'm sure, & hate to say it, but don't miss her. I loved her, just couldn't like her much. You are about toxic people, & we all need to avoid these kinds, as much as possible, even if we are unlucky enough to be related to them! Like is too short & why put ourselves through it!...

Me too and the shame of it is my brothers went out and married women as toxic as my mom. It's almost like they enjoyed the misery.