Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 AM
JeannieBobbin

My family is so big (my grandmothers one had 14 kid and the other 12). We have a family reunions in Pikeville Ky where we take over the Daniel Boone Motel for a weekend usually in July. It was decided long ago that we would draw names for one gift swaps. We came from many states around and at Thanksgiving most of us showed up at grannies and did our gift swap then. Those who couldn't make it would get theirs in the mail.
Most gifts were something we each could use for Christmas like a tablerunner and such.
The reasoning was that if we even tried to visit everyone on Chisrtmas day we'd be in the car more than visiting! So this way we get to stay home Christmas morning in our jammies, open gifts, eat, watch TV, eat, watch tv and eat.
My favorite gift to get from my daughter is Christmas *hand made coupons* with punch holes, yarn threaded through them and crayon colored. They read like this.
One free back rub. I will do the dishes every night for a week and not complain. I will do any odd job you ask. And so on. I never turned most of them in and still have them safe in a storage bin.