Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 AM
GrannyLady

Originally Posted by zig56gie
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I got to go to the Worlds largest yard sale this year and I will say this....IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Everyone here knows I am a vintage sewing machine collector/nut and I can not tell you how many treadles and vintage machines and accessories I saw and bought. Yes I had to buy some because the prices were so inexpensive I could get into the stuff for next to nothing and the type of goodies that were in Lewis County TN was the American Pickers dream run. I bought a few things that I already flipped like a set of NOS Tennessee bicycle license plates from 1953 and 1954, I paid $5 a pair for them ($10 total) and sold them this morning for $200 and I think Rex sold them for $200 a pair later on today. Then I found lots of sewing goodies and picked up a few things here and there but I am going to go next year for sure (hopefully I will be well enough to go) and I am going to buy up all of the vintage sewing machines and stuff I can fit in my enclosed 40' trailer. I am also going to buy all of the porcelain signs and automobilia I can get my hands on to just so I can flip it and make out okay on the sewing machines I am keeping. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did see a lot of makes that I have not seen before and lots of pre 1900 stuff that had me going nuts over. Needless to say my vacation will be the yard sale next year!

Billy
I know of this yard sale....I think it goes through many states, but can you tell me what route it is on, and what states?
I think Billy is talking about the 127 yard sale. It starts in Michigan, goes through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, the edge of Georgia, and ends in Alabama. It is the first part of August every year. If you Google 127 yard sale, you should be able to find info.