View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 03:41 AM
grann of 6

Seam Ripper, I would love to know which one you are. You may remember me as the one that came in with the "Silk Quilt" for show and tell. I will be in either today or tomorrow, have 2 different directions to go, can't decide which one to do today. I also showed the Girl Scout Quilt 2 weeks ago, that I made with fabric from your store. I sure wish you guys could find another property to open up in. I think people who don't live in this immediate area don't understand the dynamics of the area and the people in it. I am quite sure your shop has enjoyed low rent for many years, and now it becomes "sticker shock" to see what rent really IS in the area. I also know there aren't that many desirable buildings to open up in. And then there is also the fact that you were given such little notice. Not much can be accomplished in 6 weeks, but to liquidate.
Anyway....my heart is with all of you wonderful people, and I hope you can find new jobs and resume your lives. I spoke with a couple of the girls in the grocery store below, that I have come to know so well; and they are also having a hard time knowing what to do.
These are all hard working people who NEED these jobs to support their families, not a bunch of "Yuppies" who work just for the fun of it. My heart is breaking with you.