View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 AM
quilter51

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Originally Posted by quilter51
I'm looking to buy but we have our house up for sale and will be moving to Reno in the future. Not sure if I should buy before or after the move. Recommendations are always welcome.

I'm new to this site and not very computer savvy so really still trying to find my way around on here.

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Are you wanting recommendations or looking for a good buy?????
I would suggest you wait til you get to Reno. Then you will know just what size you can get. AND you will know what tech support/repairman is nearby. I had a brand of longarm and had a lousy repairman that knew nothing about longarms that was nearby. I was able to get another longarm and bought one that has an excellent repairman/teacher close at hand.....made a BIG difference!
Thank you for the suggestion. I have been thinking that is my best bet, but if a machine showed up for the right price it would be hard to pass up, plus I am accumulating quilt tops that need to be quilted and so tired of paying the fees charged by local long armers here. The last time I took one in, the quilt was done in a different manner that what was discussed. I was really disappointed and never liked the quilt after that. I almost didn't take the time to bind it, but I did and gave it away. Plus the gal claims I said she could do as she pleased with it, it was an awful mess.