View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 AM
LindaM49

WOW...do you really want to know...I've done a lot of things. Started out in 1967 working for the federal government at the navy base where my dad worked and retired from. Always classified as a Clerk Typist but I had one job that I had to be cleared for Top Secret in Ammunition during VietNam war. Everything was in code. Did different secretarial stints for Carnation, Classified Advisor for the newspaper, worked at Montgomery Ward twice...first time selling sewing machines and vacuum cleaners and the 2nd time in the Automotive Dept., real estate agent when interest rates were over 17% and then I found the job I loved the most...Insurance. I started out as the policy typist and worked my way up by taking classes till I became a Property & Casualty Underwriter. When my dad died we were in the middle of building a new home and when it was finished my mother moved in with us for the last 5 years of her life. I worked a seasonal temp job from spring till fall before she died...at a greenhouse. She died in Jan. 2000 and after that I decided to stay home and allow hubby to support me. LOL