View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM
AutumnBlue

Hi
I have a New Joy Gold Standard frame, and am considering getting a small Baileys (perhaps the 13). The Gold Standard is the longest frame I can set up in the space I have available (is the 7-1/2 foot set-up). I am very interested in hearing more about any modifications you've made to your machine or frame to get them to mesh with each other. Maybe I could even come see your set-up -- I live in Tallahassee, and visit G-ville fairly often -- my daughter lives there. I am new to the Quilting Board, so not quite sure how to work it all, but we could discuss details in a private excahnge of e-mails. Many many thanks.

Originally Posted by janny40
I just bought the Bailey's home quilter. I just finished my first quilt on my machine quilting frame. I got a new joy quilting frame. The machine is bigger then the space on the quilting frame. If I elevated the machine a little bit I would get the whole space the quilting frame has. I have a shelf on top which gets in the way of the controls that are on the machine to stop and start the machine and they would bump into the shelf and it will start sewing which is annoying as far as the quilting frame goes. I've had the sewing machine almost a week now and enjoying it. I think a lot of it is a matter of getting use to it and what not to do. Mine is a 15 inch one.