Thread: Offlite lamps
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Snorky Lvs2Quilt

My kids gave me an Ottlite for Christmas (will be 2yrs ago this yr.). I maybe put 20 hrs or less on it because I used it at night and I do not usually sew at night. I went to turn it on last week and it did not go on. I went to Jo-Ann's and bought a replacement bulb for $35.00. Put that in and it still didn't work. What??? Went back to the store and the guy proceeded to tell me I had to contact Ottlite since it was past their 90 day return policy. I ended up buying another lamp since they were on sale for 50% off and figured if I got the other one fixed I would have a lamp at both my embroidery machine and my sewing machine. I will keep the replacement bulbs for future use but have not contacted Ottlite yet. It may not be worth getting fixed, if indeed they even fix them. I know lots of people have had theirs for years but for mine to go out with less than 20 hrs on it was quite disheartening. Not sure why I bought another one other than I really did like the light it gave out, especially at night.