Old 10-16-2011, 03:00 AM
severna

I began with cardboard templates and scissors cutting each triangle separately. Then I discovered a wonderful book published in 1979 by Barbara Johannah called The Quick Quiltmaking Handbook. She was the first to introduce strip quilting and the fast triangle method that everyone uses now. Her strip quilting method made the lone star and around the world patterns so easy and that opened the quilt world for me. Then when the rotary cutter and mat came along what a joy. I have researched Barbara Johanna because I feel she deserves credit for really being the first to introduce the methods so many of us use now. I can't find any reference on her this past 30 years. I feel she should be in the quilter's hall of fame because so many teachers have used her original methods without credit. She also wrote a book on Continuous Curve Quilting published 1980 and she was gracious enough to acknowledge Robbie Fanning for the idea. The two books are my cherished possessions now and when I depart my children can sell them on e-bay!
Happy quilting
Severna
Happy Quilting