View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 11:50 AM
fabric_lover

I'd like to amend the post I made pages back. Yes your beautiful daughter still makes a beautiful bag. For her future....you have the greatest oportunity right in front of you. She's showing an interest in something you like and are good at. This is the time to teach her from the quilting ground up, but make it non-teaching conversations . Educate her to thrift stores first then the LQS. Show her the fabrics and talk about qualities of each one.Bed skirts have lots of fabric and the falls are sometimes cotton and very reasonabley priced and pretty too. If both of you are up to it, make an Altzheimers quilt together. It's one of all fabrics as the people like to feel the diferent fabics and may bring some fleeting memories back. Even polyester and denim. You'll have some that stretch a bit, corduroy and velvet or velveteen have a nap, making it look different from different angles, etc. After it's finished she'll have learned about different qualities of the fabrics while learning some sewing. and you don't want to donate it, give it to a deserving dog; they like the different textures. Jst my quarters worth, enjoy the ride!!

Don't know if this has been suggested as haven't read all the posts.