Old 10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
purrfectquilts

I learned something new today. Yeah!!

In the past we all used freezer paper to iron on Bubble Jet Set treated fabric, then cut to size and printed our pictures, usually with an ink jet printer. But, we dealt with curling edges, shrinking freezer paper, jamming in the printer.

So, we tried double layers of freezer paper or bought industrial strength or put tape on the leading edge. Less problems but same issues.

Next we tried using sticky backed full sheet size label paper. Worked great. No curling, shrinking or jamming. I usually bought laser printer labels because they cost less than the inkjet ones and I wasn't printing on the paper anyway. But, you had to be careful not to distort the picture when removing the label and it was a one time use.

Today, I discovered Post-It brand full sheet labels that are super sticky but have a removable adhesive. Wow, they were pricey at $24.99 for 25. Way more than twice what I usually pay. But, I have orders for 4 queen size picture quilts and I want as little hassle as possible. Plus I had 4 yards of fabric prepared, cut and ready to stabilize.

Boy, oh boy, do they work great! So far today I have used one 4 times and it still seems good to go. I don't know how many uses I will get out of each sheet...but I think these things are great. They handle better than the thinner permanent adhesive labels too and don't distort the picture when removing the backing.

Package they came in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273042[/ATTACH]

Save the backing sheet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273043[/ATTACH]

Very nice picture all done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273044[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-272989.jpe   attachment-272990.jpe   attachment-272991.jpe