View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Grambi
Originally Posted by kaykid815
my hubby restores cars... he says the two products are NOT the same. The one for car liners is permanent.
I was kind of figuring someone would know someone who works with cars to give us the answer. I know the 505 spray is expensive, but it really only requires a light misting and goes a long way so one can lasts quite awhile. Someone recently posted a link (or I came across it on a blog) that showed the results of a real analysis of three spray basting products and the results on the fabric over the long-term. The conclusion was that the 505 was the spray that showed the best long-term results (as far as not harming, discoloring, or otherwise damaging you fabric). As much as we invest in the fabric, batting, thread and our sewing machines, I think we would be wise to make sure we know what products, like basting spray, might do to them over the long term. I will post that blog or link if I can find it again.
I also have good luck with June Tailors from Walmarts; it's have the price and doesn't gum up my machine. It does last a long time as well but is 1/2 the price. It may have been on me but when I compared it to 505 JT spray worked better. Not willing to test a car glue on my quilts though.