View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
onaemtnest

[quote=QuiltingKrazy]
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I really really wish I had a better storage system for all my fabric. I have 4 huge tubs of fabric and the fabric is not in any particular arrangement...so when I go looking for something somewhat specific, I can't find it unless I empty all the bins :(

I use acid free comic book boards then they are on shelves, that has made my quilting life so much more efficient. Comic book boards would work inside totes too.

I personally can't afford foam core boards so I read a suggestion to use acid free comic book boards, which you can purchase at a comic book dealer or online like at Amazon. 100 for about $10.00 .

I will admit they are not as substantial or as wonderful as the foam boards that another member here offers. I do wish I could afford hers. I went through nearly 300 comic book boards, so for me acid free comic book boards was the most economical for the amount of fabric I had.

I will try posting pictures, please don't look at the messiness of the rest of the room :0) ....the pictures will show some fabric leaning but that is because I taken some fabric out for projects. I use book ends if the shelf isn't completely full, which is nearly never... My DH took out hanging bars and built shelves across an entire closet, floor to ceiling that is in the sewing room, which holds most all of the full bolts of fabric that are 8-15 yards, plus other assundry quilting/craft items...On the comic boards I've easily been able to get up to 8 yards.

Again, I now can see what fabric I have at a glance it's been wonderful...plus it was fun to go through every piece of fabric I had, some had been buried in piles I'd completely forgotten I had. A lot was donated...boy have my tastes changed! Anytime I can handle fabric it's a good day!

May The Lord Bless and Keep You Safe

Cabinets with fabric folded on acid free comic book boards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274386[/ATTACH]

Book Shelves perfect size for folding fabric around comic book boards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274333.jpe   attachment-274334.jpe