Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
MissyGirl

I have been reading one of my favorite bloggers and I came across this:

"Having weight loss surgery was the best decision of my life. *It's not a solution for everyone* but it was the right one for me. It was the HEAD START I needed to change my life and I want to stress it goes hand in hand with HEALTHY EATING, DAILY EXERCISE and MOST IMPORTANTLY (and the hardest part IMHO) working on the head stuff... the why's of why I got fat. This is a lifelong war versus obesity and having surgery was just one battle... everyday I wake up and fight. “Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.” The FIGHT is FOREVER."

That was so profound to me and then I read this:

"Was I afraid of having weight loss surgery? Sure but I chose a Surgeon I had faith in and I let the expert do his thing. I also made peace with the fact that I could die. I just figured I was a ticking time bomb that was eventually going to die from one of the many co-morbidities I had and frankly even when I was living fat I was "dead" because I wasn't making the most of my time on earth. I was trapped. So I made peace with the fact that if God wanted to take me he would and that was that. I'd rather die fighting for life then passively kill myself which is what I was doing... committing suicide by knife and fork. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."

Wow. Powerful stuff. I just had to share this.

Missy