View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:36 AM
laalaaquilter

Definitely! I remember like it was yesterday. Found it in a small dress shop, not my normal haunts. Only wanted a knee length so didn't have to go formal shopping, just street dress off the rack. Had to put it on lay-away as it was over $100 so I couldn't buy it that day LOL! But the shop made out well because since I was putting it on lay-away anyway I bought a suit too (jacket and skirt, in PURPLE, that I also still have and have worn a lot in spring & summer ;-) looks just like an Easter Egg!)

I wore the wedding dress again in 2006 with red belt and shoes to dinner to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of our 1st date and I think I could get away with that at Valentine's Day too if we ever get money enough again for me to think about fancy restaurant dinners.

The 'jacket' is attached, chiffon overlay. Picture is a tad warm, dress is really cool white. I married after Labor Day but I figured on a bride the rule didn't apply ;-) Our 1st date Anniversary is in January so wouldn't have worn true white then either but again, I think a wedding dress is exempt from having to wait for Easter ;-)

Don't have any digitals of me in it, but then my hairdo back then would be laughable now ;-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274873[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274820.jpe