View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:21 AM
piecelover

Trade your Bernina in for a Brother Quattro. I know it's cheaper than Bernina's TOL. My SIL bought the Bernina 830, and while it's a very nice machine, she has had it in the shop 3 times. And that's since Dec. In fact, it's at the "doctor's" now and has been for over two weeks, and he's saying it will be at least another two weeks, as he had to order some parts. I've had my Quattro two and a half years and have had no problems whatsoever. I also like the embroidery hoop selections that Brother offers better. The only thing I'd like on my Quattro is a stitch regulator. It seems like that would be a great feature. But never the less, I don't think I'd ever buy a Bernina. Wait, wait, I lied, :oops: I do own a little Bernina Bernette for taking to classes, and I do like it.

On the other hand, if you're just looking for a sewing machine, try Janome. I have a 6500 and just love it. It, too, has never been to the repair shop, and I've had it since 2004. I usually sew on the Janome while at the same time embroidering on my Brother.

But, in the end, only you know what you can afford and what "feels right". I know there's a lot out there to look at, but, try the ones you may be interested in and see which one "feels right". Good luck!