Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
KastleKitty

Originally Posted by Rose L
Heavens no! I have carpet in my sewing room and it's hard to get the threads up off of it. Plus they clog up the beater bar on my vacuum and I'm not thrilled about cleaning that later. I'm pretty anal about getting the scraps and threads into the wastebasket, it saves me time in the long run so I have more time to spend sewing.
I aim for the trash can ALWAYS. (I said "aim!" LOL) I have carpet too! No sewing room should be carpeted! It is too darn hard to clean up! Let alone the thread and other clippings, have you ever dropped a box of pins on carpet? I use a pincushion for hand sewing needles, a few safety pins, my sewing awl, (can't remember the correct sewing term!), but find that a box of pins is easier for me to use on the cutting table and at the machine. Any scrap that is large enough to use for any other purpose never makes it into the trash. It is stowed away in a box marked "fabric schnitzels" to be used for other things. I have a few of them marked relative to the size of the "schnitzels."