View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:20 PM
anniec55

I have read every entry on this subject, as I found it to be quite interesting. Years ago I made my mother a pair of quilts for her twin beds, including pillow shams and curtains. She passed away in 2010, she was to be cremated but my brothers and sister wanted to have a private viewing for family members. We have numerous members who have severe allergies or asthma and some who suffer from migraines, which can quickly be triggered by smells.. So I am very aware of smells, and suggested at the time that we use one of the pillow shams on the pillow to lay her head, and cover her with one of the quilts which were log cabins made with various rose materials! She loved that I quilted and loved to see what I was working on.... she was very supportive of my quilting and loved whatever I was working on. She looked very comfortable and still had flowers!! The quilt and sham went with her and I later gave the other quilt to my sister. I was touched and honored that my quilt would go with her, she was my running buddy and best friend. Mom sits on my mantle mostly because I was afraid that we might move and I didn't want to leave her behind. I still miss her deeply. I wouldn't have done it any other way.