View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
janedb

hi so true, i think we might start a movement here, lol, the world converting the humble pool table for higher quilting purposes hehehe, i like having mine as the ironing board to, great to iron the full size quilt and i brought clamps too so i can clamp both sides and pin. now i am up to the how and which design do i do on it. oooo made matching pillow slips too.. i am such a good mum... lol

Originally Posted by margecam52
LOL..I was joshing, but it's true...our pool table makes a perfect quilting table. Nothing can roll off onto the floor...those pockets hold little bits of scraps & stuff..I even put bobbins, scissors, etc. in them.

I lay a sheet then a heavy piece of vinyl over that. I have a cutting matt on one end...and a shelf from the tv unit (it's not wide enough for the size tv hubby bought) wrapped in cotton batting and muslin..that's for ironing. When I need to pin down binding or trim a quilt...I lay it out like you have yours...perfect! Quilt table manufacturer's need to make something similar...lol
white layer-ironing board, then plastic, then back of quilt, then top of quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276724[/ATTACH]

ironing cover stapled on, because its a solid top it can still be taken off to play pool.. :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276725[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276671.jpe   attachment-276672.jpe