Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Xylie55

Originally Posted by nancia
everybody seems to be on a high note! wonderful! i think this month has been too long for most of us! can it really be november knocking at the door? hard to believe! next thing we know it will be 2012, i used to get so excited about the new year, but not any more. wonder when and if that will ever change back. i seem to be gaining weight. guess i need xylie to set me straight again!
quilting question! i am making a dahlia pillow. how do i finsh it off? and here's the twist, i don't want it round. has anybody done this?or have ideas?
Well your going to have up's and downs.Especially with what your going through.But the main thing for me anyway was to keep going.I'd lose some,gain a little,stall then lose some more.I think the thing that helped me the most was my challenges to myself that I have to lose at least 5 pounds a month.Sometimes it was only 3,but I'd shoot for 5.Some months I lost 10.One week I lost 20 pounds while on spirutein in the muggy hot Kansas summer.I am back on the spirutein but with 1 meal a day.And by gosh it's working great.I am losing again.And it fills me up.I have a huge mug {looks like 1 qt}I put 1 scoop in with my decaf coffee in the morning with some non dairy creamer.And at night after dinner like just now I was hungry so had another one.Low calories and knocks off the cravings.I think you'll be fine.As far as your disability.most now days go through a lot quicker than yrs ago.And of course they pay you back all the way to when you 1st signed up.So if it is a yr,you'll get a yr's worth in 1 check.A biggy check.Thousands of $$.So,you'll be fine.Just remember,the soc people work for you,and you pay their wages.Most are nice and very helpful.I don't think you'll have any problems getting it.There is no way in your shape you can work.Main thing is stick with losing weight.And research your meds good.One doc put me on amitriptoline for nervs and it stimulates the hunger pangs so I gained all the 250 pounds while on it.So got off those and on buspar,which is a lot better.Ok,well I know you can do it,cause you been doing it.Don't let these speed bumps get you side tracked.Look at each one and say,I will stay focused on my goals.I look at my next goal line on the scale and strive for it.There is no way we're ever going back up that scale.I done made up my mind.Now!LET'S GET ER DONE!!!!!!!