Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Murphy1

Boy family relationships have been the topic today. I reflect back on myself as a mom and wonder why my son has pretty much thrown his whole family away. My husband and I have been married 43 years. There was never any difficulty raising him or his sister. There were 6 years between them so there was no sibling rivalry either. Both of us worked, and they came first in our lives. We always went on vacations together. No drugs, alcohol, early pregnancies etc. We sent him to a good university where he earned a degree in physics and later two Masters. He is a software engineer. Then when my son was 32 he met a girl who only wanted him. None of his family. They have two little boys, I have seen once a year ago July. He lives two hours away. He doesn't take phone calls, reply to emails, text or send pictures. My husband and I lost our parents when we were in our 30's. It really hurts to have a son just throw us away in his 30's. I am grateful I have my daughter, who is a most kind sensitive girl, who will be a wonderful wife to someone someday. I am proud of her accomplishments too. She is a Pediatrician.

Well I guess we all have our family stories. We have either hurt someone or been hurt ourselves. We can be grateful for the joys we have experienced and leave the sad stories behind. Now to cheer myself up I will go back to the cute advent calendars I am making. And hopes that I drop a few more pounds before Halloween.