View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM
mpeters1200

I have a few machines. My dream quilting machine was a Brother PQ9000 but I couldn't possibly get over the ticket price. I had lost all hope of getting a machine I could quilt one when I was introduced to my "newest" machine. She's a 1954 Singer 66 with the same 9 x 6 throat as the big Brother I was looking at. We are still making acquaintances and getting used to eachother.

I piece with a Janome 415 that I bought new for 200.00 8 years ago. I put her on layaway and had her bought in 3 months. I use her to go to class, club any traveling outside of the house since she's only 8 pounds. She is the only machine I have capable of zig zag so I use her for machine applique as well. She is my main, go to machine, for now.

I inherited my mom's FW and as soon as I can secure a bobbin case for her, she'll be my new go to machine. I do straight line quilting on the 66 and piecing on the Janome.

My "new" dream machine is a Singer 15-90 that from what I understand FMQ's really well. So that will be my next purchase.

Someday, I'd like to get into embroidery. I would like just a basic machine to learn on. I inherited my MIL's babylock, but it's very outdated and my FIL threw away the hoops and all the design cards thinking they were broken. I replaced the hoop, but can't figure out anything for the designs. No manual and I can't get one from them either. I own an embroidery machine and a cord and that's pretty much it. I'm not worried about it now, since I'm just a happy quilter!