Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 AM
grammatjr

Originally Posted by AprilG
Originally Posted by provbs 31
I have a mystery to put out there....in a town about 40 miles from where I live,lives a woman whom I have never met but for years people have told me about her. Apparently we look identical. A few years back I had a bi-lateral masectomy. Before I left the hospital the attending nurse commented on my twin sister who was on her floor 2 weeks ago, who also had a bi-lateral masectomy. I don't have ANY sisters! I wish I could find her.....sigh.
I, too, have a doppleganger. My friends back in Illinois still run into her every now and then and ask her when she got back "home". She has gotten used to it now. By the way, she is younger by 1 year and (I think) waaay prettier so I am quite flattered by my friends thinking she's me!
My husband had people always ask him the same type of thing, saying they had seen him in places he hadn't been etc.

Well, when his Dad died, we had the preacher mention the kids from the first family, who had been taken away from the parents, we knew their first names, and aproximate ages, but that was about it. We didn't know where they were, or what happened to them.

At the reception after the funeral, the preacher came up with a guy and said "I think you are going to want to meet this man". Turns out it was the half brother from the first marriage! He lived in a small town not too far away, and had seen the unusual first name, and came to the funeral curious to see if it was his father. When he heard his and his sister's names - he knew it was. He had not planned to introduce himself, but after hearing his name, he knew his father had not forgotten him.

He said that all his life, people had told him they saw him - when they didn't and seeing them side by side - it was easy to understand why.

The sister lived cross country, but was able to come visit once before she died. She and my hubby called each other, or wrote emails quite a bit.