View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
janiecurry

Dear Becky,
I took only one lesson for quilting back in the 80's with my sis and was hooked. My grandma taught me the rest of what I know and then I began teaching beginning quilting classes which I did for about 15 years. Now since Rotary cutters and mats and fancy templates and machine quilting, there are so many new things and it is exciting, but I can't really afford classes...I think this website will be a great meeting place for me to get new ideas and instruction...as for the cotton theory, the only thing I ever saw on it was on a show of "Sewing With Nancy" on cable. She had a guest that was showing how. I will have to look back and see if I recorded that episode and if i did, I could make you a copy...other than that, I haven't tried it yet, but it is on my list...along with a zillion other things. sorry to be a dummy but what is quilt university? A website? Also, I still much prefer to hand quilt, but like you it takes so long that I don't get a lot of big things done.. that is why I want to learn, or become proficient with the machine quilting, and as for your designs, don't put down your efforts, I am sure you have some beautiful ideas and when you are able to share, we all want to see them......