View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
LyndaK

Funny that this topic just came up. I was cleaning my built-in china cabinet and decided to start using the lovely Shelby Noritake that my aunt willed to me. I have a full set of Royal Albert Tranquility that I have packed up and stored away. it was in my 'hope chest'. I like my aunt's china better. Also using my good crystal stemware. It's so pretty when it's all washed up. I have my grandmother's silver-plate-Old Colony Rogers Bros. I have added to her set. My silver-plate-Roger's Brother's Silvery Lace, was given to my youngest son and his wife. When they split up, he kept it. I want it to go to my granddaughter if she ever wants it.
Since the young people don't want stuff they can't put into the dishwasher, I have no idea what will ever become of my "stuff". I don't care though. I'm using it and going to enjoy it. I don't mind hand washing the "good" dishes.
My everyday stuff is white stoneware and if we have a large group, it goes well with the good dishes too. I like mixing things up!